Job site documents can get completely overwhelming. Think about how many times you’ve searched through hundreds of plans and drawings just to find that one drawing you need for the task at hand. Whether you are a Project Engineer, QA/QC Inspector, or an electrician simply trying to find the correct circuit diagram, quickly navigating a huge document set can be nearly impossible. You need to find and view the document quickly, painlessly, and without needing to take the long walk back to the trailer.
However, simply being able to view the documents isn’t enough. Because the sets are big, cumbersome, complex, and may have hundreds of pages in one file, navigation to the right document can be painful when you’re on site.
That’s where hyperlinking comes in.
The benefit of hyperlinking is that you can hyperlink anything…RFI’s, drawings, callouts, reference info, etc. and using a construction management solution, like Latista, allows you to transform your entire process in the field by enabling you to…
- Find and quickly locate a single drawing from a long list of files
- Navigate between drawings just as you do on the internet
- Access to your information on your iPad – online or offline
- View updates by the architect to the field, without printing and wasting paper
- Ensure owners that field users have the latest and greatest document set
- Organize all information into one central location for immediate consumption
Enabling the ability to view and interact with digital, hyperlinked PDFs provides easy access to the documentation, and reduces the need for paper in the field. Using those hyperlinked documents to do inspections and record issues simultaneously increases productivity and reduces the frustration felt in the field.
Interested in seeing how Latista can help? Learn more via our free demo…