Latista can now be implemented in the design phase, eliminating mistakes and lowering rework cost for project stakeholders during construction.
Latista, the leader in field management solutions for construction, is proud to announce a new design review solution for design-build projects. During the design phase, key stakeholders from the different disciplines can use Latista to review, markup and collaborate on all design components early enough in the project to avoid costly re-work during construction. To learn more, watch our video here.
Latista helps with packaging the various deliverables from the design team and distributing them to the reviewers. With Latista the design team can manage every design deliverable in a central repository and electronically notify reviewers that a design package is ready for review. Reviewers can then mark up documents with annotations, comments, and issues that will be electronically routed back to the design team using customized workflows.
Reviewers and designers can then keep a log of every discrepancy, reconcile comments from different reviewers, and track the disposition of each comment to ensure it is adequately addressed and incorporated into the next design phase or rejected with a proper justification. Latista makes the design-build process seamless and transparent to all stakeholders.
“The design-build project requires an effective design review process, which is critical to ensuring that all key stakeholders validate the design,” states Patricia Remacle, Vice-President of Product Management. “Latista can provide the necessary framework to project stakeholders in order to streamline this process and eliminate costly rework in the construction phase.”
The capabilities of Latista’s new design review solution are as follows:
• Manage every design deliverable in a central repository with version control, check-in/check-out and user access permissions
• Electronically notify the reviewers that a design package is available with a link back to a master set of documents
• Allow reviewers to electronically review and mark up documents with annotations, comments, and issues
• Segregate comments by key stakeholder or allow reviewers to see each other’s comments
• Overlay each reviewer’s annotations on top of one master set of documents in order to easily identify duplicates and reconcile differences
• Define a custom workflow for design issues that can include multiple levels of review
• Electronically mark the disposition of each design issue to ensure that it is appropriately incorporated or rejected
• Review issues log and the marked-up document side by side
With this new solution, Latista continues its leadership in delivering the best end-user experience in the field combined with the power of workflows and collaboration in the Cloud. Clients using Latista software have cut rework by more than 50% and reduced staff time by more than 20% project schedules are shortened and quality is improved.
Unparalleled in the industry, Latista’s enterprise web and mobile tablet PC and Apple iPad software delivers field management solutions for construction. Latista’s current customers include Fortune 100 capital project owners and top 10 general construction and engineering firms. Latista customers attest that their use of Latista has resulted in higher quality production, lower costs, and reduced legal and financial risks.